Work Experience & Internship
VIVEKANAND INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH AND NEUROSCIENCE
Worked as a clinical psychologist with DR. Anil Tambi (a renowned psychiatrist in Jaipur) for a period of 2.5 yrs.
● Met with families of deceased patients to offer on-site counseling
● Assessed the mental condition of patients recently diagnosed with a terminal illness
● Worked with psychiatric patients with counseling needs
● Made arrangements for follow-up counseling for anyone in need
As a part of MA course structure underwent a 6 months clinical training at various hospitals:
- J.J Hospital, Mumbai (Aug’14) Thane Mental Hospital, Thane (Sept’14)
- Kalwa Hospital, Thane (Oct’14) Nair Hospital, Mumbai (Nov’14-Mar’15)
● Variety of patients comprising disorders with anxiety, schizophrenia, personality, ADHD, and LD etc.
● Case histories were recorded and diagnosis for each client was suggested
● Tests administered: Rorschach Ink-Blot Test, MMPI-2, TAT, Drawing tests
● Major IQ tests conducted: MISIC, WISC, SFB, KAMAT-BINET etc.
● Counseling included major therapies like REBT, CBT, Behavioral Techniques, Gestalt Psychotherapy, Client-Centered Therapy.
● Group therapy sessions were taken for specific populations.
● Received excellent feedback from all the patients
Burden and Depression among the Caregivers of patients with Dementia and Substance Dependence Disorders, guided by Prof. Anita Sanu
- Burden and depression was measured on a purposive sample during the hospital visits
- Data collection and analysis was done using statistical techniques
- A presentation was given to the guide and the external examiner
- Extremely caring and compassionate towards people from all walks of life
- Exceptional experience in grief counseling in people of all ages
- Knowledge of all techniques and strategies of counseling
- Understanding that what works for one may not work for others
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written
- Organized and thorough in all reports and analyses
- Ability to work with others such as doctors, families or other psychologists
Key Academic Activities
- Attended a two-day workshop on “Advancement in Neuropsychology” held on the university campus.
- Was a part of a two-day workshop on “Marital and Pre-marital Counseling” by Dr. Dhaval Mody, Vrudhi Research Foundation
Conducted various individual and Group therapy sessions with patients to target specific problems in the areas of anger management, conflict resolution etc.