Vaginoplasty Vaginal Repair
For women who’ve experienced multiple childbirths, vaginal muscles tend to experience enlargement due to stressful expansion during the delivery. The result can often be loose, weak, vaginal muscles. Even after exercise (Kegal), the condition of the vaginal muscles may not improve.
Many women find that while the experience of childbirth may be the most rewarding of their lives, sometimes the after effects for both their sexual partner and themselves is not as satisfying as it once was.
Vaginoplasty, sometimes referred to as rejuvenation of the vagina, is a procedure that can usually correct the problem of stretched vaginal muscles resulting from childbirth(s), and is a direct means of enhancing one’s sexual life once again. The procedure typically tones vaginal muscle, resulting in greater contraction strength and control, thereby permitting greater sensation during sexual experiences.
Vaginoplasty is a standard gynecologic surgical procedure. It tightens vaginal muscles and surrounding soft tissues, by reducing excess vaginal mucosa (vaginal lining). The result is an immediate decrease in the size of vaginal muscles, resulting in more friction during sexual experiences.
After surgery, the patient is usually able to walk comfortably within a few days and may return to sexual activities within 4-6 weeks.
Types of repair:
- Anterior vaginal wall repair – Anterior vaginal wall repair is surgery that tightens the front (anterior) wall of the vagina. This procedure is used to repair the sinking of the vaginal wall (prolapse) or bulging that occurs when the bladder or urethra sink into the vagina.Used To Treat : Cystocele
- Posterior vaginal wall repair – Posterior vaginal wall repair is surgery that tightens the back (posterior)wall of the vagina. This procedure is used to repair the sinking of the vaginal wall (prolapse) or bulging that occurs when the rectum or small intestine push into the vagina.Used To Treat: a) Rectocele repair b) Enterocele repair
- Perineum reconstruction for lax perineum
- Fenton’s operation for tight vaginal interoitus
Treatment of SUI:
A) Kelly’s Repair
B) Burch operation
C) Trans vaginal Tape insertion TVT
D) Trans vaginal Tape insertion TOT (obturator)
6) Laser vaginal rejuvenation
7) G spot augmentation